Sunday, February 22, 2009

And again with the repetition...

I feel like things are less random and out there if you make lists of them, so here's another list by me...

1. I have recently discovered that I'm a queen of wasting time. I will do it any way I can. Facebook, taking the nail polish off my nails, checking my email multiple times, staring at the floor, you name it.

2. I'm restless and it scares me. Is this what the rest of my life is going to be like? Always just wanting to get to the next stage in life and never appreciating where I am until it's too late? I love college, yet I want to be older, settled, even married and starting a family. I love sociology, yet I want to maybe be a wedding planner or a nanny. I want to drop out, I want to transfer, I want to stay here....I feel like my feelings contradict themselves. I hate being somewhere just feeling like I have to just tolerate it. I want to enjoy myself to the fullest wherever I am and for some reason it's hard for me to.

3. I think I'm passive-agressive.

4. I am desperately trying to grow my hair out right now, but it's not taking the hint. :(

5. Christmas lights are some of my favorite things in the world.

6. I wish my family incorporated more of our Scottish heritage into our traditions and history. I want to have a plaid and a crest. That would be awesome.

7. I think the weirdest phrase out of my mouth that I've ever heard myself say before is, "my boyfriend." Definitely still getting used to that one.

8. I started going to a Bible study on Wednesday nights with some girls from school and it's been pretty amazing. I've missed the spiritual fellowship a lot and I'm trying to bring that back into my life more now. I miss God. I want Him back.

9. I've realized recently that my lack of close friends in my life has really affected me. It's always been hard for me to open up, and it always seems like the people I open up most to always end up hurting me. (not true of jenny or joanna :).

10. I hate it when I'm shaving my legs in the shower and the bathroom light goes off. I always feel like whimpering.

11. I love babies. :)

12. IKEA is my favorite favorite store in the entire world. Hands down.

13. I am in the process of simplifying. It's not working too well, but I'm trying. First step I've accomplished? Only wearing three items of makeup and pretty much never doing my hair. Next step: stopping the shopping.

14. I hate cliche quotes.

15. Last year I contemplated transferring to a school where I could study interior design. I also used to want to be a nurse and read a lot of books about the Civil War nurses. Then I found out that I felt really sick at the sight of blood. Bad choice.

16. I think Jude Law is quite possibly the hottest man in the world.

17. I am not a jewely wearer. I would like to wear rings, but I don't spend enough money on them to get ones that don't turn my fingers green and then I forget anyway.

18. I've always wanted to experience love at first sight, but I really don't even believe in it, so I guess I can't experience what I don't believe in. :)

19. I wish it could be summer camp all year long.

20. My favorite smell is fresh laundry. And also, fresh bread and chocolate chip cookies.

21. I've actually been developing opinions and beliefs that are my own. I like it. I'm also not really sure how long it will last because I'm only 19 and very young, so I'm sure that I will change them many more times. But I like this whole idea of developing individuality.

22. I have grand plans for my life at this point, and I'm hoping they'll turn out somewhat close.

23. I also think that I really should clear my plans with God. Easier said than done.

24. I'm in the midst of applying for a job that I really want. Reallyy really want.

25. I just ran out of all the little facts about me that I thought I was going to have.

17.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

3- Yes, you are. just a bit.

9- I'm sorry...if you mean me, I don't mean to.

13- hmm. I've been in the process of 'complifying' if that is a word [which it probably isn't]: actually remembering to do hair, jewelry, makeup etc before going somewhere so that I don't always look like I've been sleeping in the woods.

16- Nope. sorry. Hugh Jackman.

18- when my dad was first looking around Westmont College to see if he wanted to transfer, one of his friends showed him a yearbook. he pointed at a picture of my mom and said 'I'm going to marry that girl.' several years later, they actually met...