Wednesday, March 19, 2008

5 Years Later...

I actually have two scenarios: one where I see myself realistically in five years, and one where I see myself ideally in five years.

First scenario:

I'll be out of college for almost a year with a degree in English and lots of general ed under my belt. I'll be living at home with my parents and JoEllen (who will be a junior? sophomore?) and be working at some minimum-wage job. I'll be hanging with my high school friends and maybe even helping my dad coach basketball or something. Pretty much I'll be in high school again without the school part. Not to be cynical or anything.

Second scenario:

*Still graduated from college with a degree in English and lots of general ed under my belt* I'll be on my own maybe in another state working at a really cool job maybe like being a "household helper" where I nanny, help clean house, run errands, do little odd jobs, maybe even do some writing for something random. I'll be saving money and learning French to prepare for my year(or so)-long stay in Paris. I'll be starting to talk to or see someone serious and also be very mature of course. And have long hair. And clear skin.

I like the second scenario better.

No comments: