Friday, April 4, 2008

Mennonites are my new favorite thing

So this weekend is the MCC (Mennonite Central Committee) sale, which is a fundraiser for (I think) world relief organizations, or something like that. A fundraiser for a good thing. So there is a book sale, a gym full of quilts, and booths full of yummyness. I had a funnel cake, which was amazing, two zwiebachs, and a fritter. I love Mennonite food! I also had a chili dog, but you can make that at home with no problem. I'm volunteering tomorrow, which means I get a free tshirt! Yay!

Oh, and my exciting news! I got the job I applied for for next year. I'm going to be a Mentor's Assistant, which means I will be assisting a Mentor in the Bible class that all incoming freshman have to take. I'll be checking papers and taking attendance and helping mentor younguns and helping with service projects and asking meaningful questions and being amazing. I'm really stoked especially because I get to go on the Leadership Retreat again! It will be way more fun this year now that I know people.

Goodnight.

No comments: