Saturday, April 12, 2008

Run?

I went to one of our home track meets today and I realized I really have no desire to run track next year. Wait, maybe I do. I can't decide. Part of me is watching all the sports this year and missing doing them like I did in high school. Another part of me is adjusting to just doing intramurals. I have to admit it's intimidating to be somewhere where the girls are better then me at many sports. I don't mean that in a egotistical, arrogant way. All through high school, though, I did receive many honors and awards for excelling in whatever sport I happened to be playing. It's very humbling getting stuffed by another girl in basketball and knowing the best time in the 100 meter for girls today was 12.5, which is a whole second faster than my PR in high school. Here people are smarter, faster, funnier, cooler, and prettier. I always feel like I have to compete, and in some cases, that feeling is supported by the reactions those people get from others. I hate feeling inferior and I know I have no reason to. But! there are times when life is discouraging and you get in a funk.

It's time to get out.

I wish I could go on a road trip somewhere, anywhere.

2 comments:

Caleb said...

I am planning a road trip to the north rim of the Grand Canyon and Utah. Funny you should mention it. Here is a map

Anonymous said...

babygail, just you wait!! the trip of the century in a few whiles. :) i know how you feel tho. it's time. :) it's go time!!