Thursday, July 17, 2008

Hmmm....

Well, I might not have a sinus infection. Now I have no idea what the spot in my sinuses is. A radiologist will hopefully be able to tell me.


So after all that rigamarole about not being able to go to Shallowbrook because of work, I didn't work this whole week. I'm annoyed. So I've been writing, hanging at basketball camp, and generally doing nothing and feeling irritated that I was not in Illinois. I guess there's a point in me not going. At least I get to go to Lassen!


I thought I was having a heart attack today. My heart did a funny couple of jumps and made my chest ache and then I was gasping for breath. It was weird. And I was home alone. But I didn't die and I have full use of my left side, so I'm good. Just paranoid.

And I thought of something I could do when I graduate for a job that involves an English degree. I could edit/publish a magazine for girls! Too bad Brio's already beat me to the punch. But I could do something different and fresh, something that will actually teach teenage girls to be smart and not shallow, to be informed and not just obssessed with relationships. I already have an idea for the name of it. That's the thing with me--I get an idea and then I go crazy with it for about a week and then it loses its novelty. But that's okay for now. I still have three more years of school. =)


Can anyone recommend a stellar devotional book?

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Intimacy with the Almighty is great. Not really a daily devotional but a quick read that really helped me refocus. I liked it.

Anonymous said...

Orthodoxy by GK Chesterton is not a devotional book, but it is definitely worth a read. or three. [and for some reason when people hear 'gk chesterton' they give a mental 'eeeww' but they don't know what they're talking about. seriously. s one of the best books i've ever read.]
sara macy just gave us all a book called When God Writes Your Love Story, which i have, um, not yet picked up [i have three other books w/me, Ok?] but is probably quite good.

Anonymous said...

also, you could become my publisher when you graduate and make heaps of money!