Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Great Tooth Extraction

So it was done. Yesterday, in fact. The actual procedure wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I got numbed up amazingly, then the dr. scraped around in there doing who know what. Then he broke my tooth into three pieces and pulled it out, which was actually the least painful part of the whole thing. Then he sewed what looked like black sewing thread to my gum and hung the length, still attached to a pair of metal pliers, out the side of my mouth to hold my gums open around the socket. Then came the worst part. After drilling a small hole (I think that's what he did at least), he fitted a large metal rod, probably about 6 or 7 inches long, into the hole, and then banged on the rod with another piece of metal. My whole skull vibrated horribly and it hurt. Then he inserted the post and sewed me up. I was there for a total of 3 hours in that chair. Then Mom and I went to fill my antibiotic prescription and got me soft food to eat and then went home. I took a pain pill, but it was too late. That's when the pain started. I actually cried because of the pain, and I don't do that very often. So I took another pain pill and finally, about an hour or so later, the pain wore off. I'm doing much better today.

So I go back to school in a week from yesterday. Here's my schedule up until then:

Today: Do laundry.go to the beach with my roommate Jenny, who, much to my wild happiness, is in Tustin visiting her grandma.

Wednesday: Re-write book. Do more laundry. Start packing.

Thursday: Re-write book. Keep packing. Go to the mall with my friends. =)

Friday: Dentist to fill my other cavity. Hang out with Bethany and Jackie and the Wright's.

Saturday: Come home from the Wright's. Keep packing.

Sunday: Go to 3rd Sunday at Buena Park. Finish packing.

Monday: Dentist in the morning to hopefully get my stitches out. Leave for school.

More to come later...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Make that 2(Ouch!).
~Beck's Mom~