Thursday, August 21, 2008

I need to catch up

Last night, Jenny and I were talking to our good friend Lisa, who lives across the hall from us and we were talking about careers. And Lisa said, "I really want to write books." And I thought, We are alike, because I do too. And then she said, "I've already written one, and I have a second one started and an idea for a third one." And Jenny and I's mouths literally fell open. (I know I's is not a legitimate contraction, but whatever). And then Hannah is almost finished with her great piece of work. And I haven't even started anything. I have 40 chapters loosely outlined for a story that I originally felt really great about, but after about a week, it died on me. I need good characters, a good plot, and good time. Any contributions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oo! oo! let me come and take over your story! or not.
seriously, i would be happy to give you any help or pointers or editing you need

[great may be a bit of an exaggeration, BTW]