Saturday, August 23, 2008

Well, this is a great way to start

So last night I was playing Ultimate Frisbee. And one of the guys chucked the Frisbee downfield and I got in the way of his arm. I stumbled to the ground and put my hand in front of my nose and then blood was gushing out of my nose, all over the ground, on my hand, and down my arm. I thought, "Oh my, who's bleeding?? Oh wait, I think I am. Great, now my nose is broken and going to be even bigger than normal. Ah, my nose ring! Good, still there. Oh great, my dental work. What just happened? Ow." And then Jenny told me to pinch the top of my nose and I did and I heard and felt a cracking sound. "Ow." Jenny told me, "Abby, the reason your nose is bleeding a lot is also because you have a cut on it." So now I have a cut and a severely bruised, if not broken, nose. So campus safety came and asked me a bunch of questions and I was shaking and bleeding and hurting really bad. And then I went back to my room and tried to wash my face and went to bed at about 1 am. I woke up around 2:30 with a soaked paper towel, but the bleeding finally stopped. Now I feel like I have a cold and it aches if I don't take any pain medication. But now the boys think I'm a "stud." Exact word they used.

I'm having bad luck with my face.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OW

i hope it isn't broken. studliness has too high a price, IMHO
be healed!

Stephanator said...

HA! you're going to have some AWESOME black eyes... just in time for HL! hahahahaha

Stephanator said...

PS. you should take a picture and post it =)

Isaac C. said...

FYI, you are a stud. That's that.
And your face looks like normal :)

Snickerface said...

will your nose have a big bump in it now?