Sunday, May 4, 2008

Of home, pain, and cleaning

Well, I am home for the summer. I'm very glad to be back and settling in with my family. I get to go shopping with my grandma tomorrow, so I'm definitely excited about that. =) I also miss my friends froms school! It's weird, after seeing them pretty much everyday for about 8 months, to suddenly not see them at all. And I'm back in this "world." My home world and my school rarely, if ever, mix, so it's hard to even talk about school things or people because it's hard for my family to relate. Ah well. Summer will still be fun.

Today, I was pulling my very large and very heavy suitcase in from the garage and I ran it over my big toe, which pulled the nail up and made it bleed. It hurts a lot and looks gross. Ouch.

Speaking of pain, my kitty has had a bump on his side for a while now. My mom was planning on taking him in yesterday for vaccinations and to get the bump (which was making him act weird and not eat very much) looked at. Well, I got a phone call from Stephanie on Friday as Mom and I were driving through Bakersfield on the way home from school. She said that the bump (which was the size of a small fist) had exploded on the chair and she was taking him to the vet. It turned out he had been in a fight and gotten bit pretty deep and an abcess had formed. So he had surgery yesterday and now he has a cone and stitches and a tube to flush the wound and a tube that oozes pus constantly. Yeah. It's as gross as it sounds. And he wanted to sleep on my bed today. I put him on a towel.

I have no idea where I'm going to put all my stuff. Ergh. And I have a lot of clothes...and a lot of other random stuff...hopefully it can mostly stay in the garage. The End.

2 comments:

Sara said...

The thing about the cat officially grossed me out. Thanks for sharing.


And of course I miss you! I just finished cleaning up the mod and it's so terribly empty. I hate it. Good thing Emma and Grecia are still here or I would be going crazy.

I've been thinking about making a Magic Mountain trip sometime soon... that's close to you, yes? Come with? ...pwease?

Isaac C. said...

The cat thing sounds really cool. I wish I could be there to see that :-D
You might want to consider changing your sheets more often for a while though...