Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Not for the squeamish

One of my teeth has been hurting for a couple months now, but because I was at school, there wasn't much I could do about it. So Mom made me an appointment at the dentist. I'm thinking, No big deal, just a average cavity. Well, I just found out that I'm going to need some pretty major dental work. The cavity in question (which is actually quite large) is completely under my gum line. So he will have to drill through my okay part of tooth to see how bad the decay is. If he can even save my tooth, he will have to cut away a lot of gum so he can fill it and quite possibly might have to remove some bone too. That is, if he can even save the tooth. And if the decay hit the nerve, I'll need a root canal.


And the other tooth that was hurting also has a pretty good-sized cavity in it.

I asked if he could just put me out while he did it, but he's not allowed. I'm sort of feeling like a baby about it and just want to cry. I do not like going to the dentist and getting that stuff done. No matter how much they numb it, I always feel pain. Maybe they'll let me watch a movie.

I'm going in tomorrow to get it done. =( I am going to be miserable.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

I feel your pain I hate the dentist. I will pray for you.

Sara said...

Awww... poor girl! Make sure you let them know if you can still feel it - normally they'll give you some more painkillers. Just keep thinking that it will be over soon, and then your tooth won't have to hurt anymore! That's worth it... right..?

Anonymous said...

yuk.